Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Blog Entry 5

Mid-term Reflection


So far the semester has gone by extremely fast. Before the course started, I had no idea how it was going to be. I have taken ENG 101 and Introduction to Poetry, and that was no walk in the park so I was a tad bit afraid coming into it. Something I found interesting was the archetypes and how a million things is derived from one general picture. For example the princess archetype, fair skinned, beautiful, ball gown, etc, but then there is also the Fiona, Brandy, and Drew Barrymore's version of princess. Even though the general archetype is "princess," there are many different variations of it. So far I've learned about that, how to identify and define symbols in poetry, how to somewhat analyze poems, and some basic poetry literary devices.Literary devices such as tone, symbolism, imagery, and alliteration. I have learned how to take apart a poem piece by piece through the use of annotations. I have also learned that there is no wrong answer for poetry it's all about your interpretation but your claim can be seen as false if your evidence behind it is not strong enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment