Sunday, September 22, 2013

Blog Entry #2





I chose a part of Carrie Underwood's song "Temporary Home."


The song deals with death and how our existence on earth is timed. Underwood uses little stories about how people are dealing with their daily struggles. She  helps them cope with singing to them that living on earth is just temporary. The part that spoke to me the most was the very last part with the old man and how he wasn't sad to die. The old man was not afraid  because he believed that there was an afterlife and that he would see his family again someday.  My reason for choosing this song was because I strongly agree with the lyrics. I do believe that we are all just passing by on our way to something bigger after life.

This is our temporary home, it's not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we're passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where we're going
I'm not afraid because I know
This is our temporary home

Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers
"Don't cry for me, I'll see you all someday"
He looks up and says
"I can see God's face"

This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This was just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This was my temporary home

This is our temporary home


No comments:

Post a Comment